Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 1

Today is my first Monday of being unemployed. I'm thrilled. I truly am.

Of course that means no more health insurance and no paycheck, which are small obstacles we are planning for currently.

Ya know, I look back at the things that have happened in the last 3.5 years since we decided to start putting God first. We had no idea what any of it would look like but when we felt like we were being called to follow Him, we really couldn't do anything else. Sometimes we were scared but we got through it with His peace that's beyond any understanding. Yes there have been times of stress, strife, selfishness and anger. But what trumps all of that is that deep down each of us were trying... Sometimes more than the other... To do His will.

At our old church, I took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, which has given me the skills to help my husband and I be better stewards of our money. We have had unexpected family blessings from others that have assisted us in out path. We can SEE God working, we just have to be willing to get out of the way! Because of this, for the first time in 6.5 years, I will be home with 'lil Brother and Stinkerbell full-time. Doodle and Bug will be in Montessori school. Not quite sure how we are going to do it financially but we know this is His plan for us right now.

Rob got a new job as Family Minister at a church 3.9 miles away door to door. He starts the 19th. At his current position he was 28 miles one way and it would take 45+ minutes to get to work and church. I've not been involved as much as I wanted to be because it was such a drive and with the kids, it would always stretch way past bedtime, resulting in too much stress for all of us. I'm hoping we can be more involved in this church. After all, his position is "Family" minister. I only see fit that we are involved as a family.

New things ahead for us...

1 comment: