Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Time to try this again

Seems like my life is full of hiatus lately.  Hiatus from Facebook, Hiatus from certain family members, Hiatus from certain activities... 

I think it's good to take a step back sometimes and truly evaluate what we're doing and why.  I feel like lately, my life God is pulling me in a direction and I'm not quite sure of that direction.  I trust Him.  I will follow.

Follow... what does that mean?  That doesn't mean we sit here waiting.  It doesn't mean we lead.  It doesn't mean we just listen and don't GO.  I think that's the key word there... GO.  God wants us to GO.  He didn't tell us to sit there and wait for Him to show up.  He didn't tell us to stand in front of Him.  He didn't telll us just to listen to what He said. 

Matthew 28:16-20, " 16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

I'm so great at excuses. I'm awesome at "waiting to see how it all plays out".  I'm a master at letting other people do it for me.  ....but some doubted.

It's time for me to GO.  I'm ready God... show me where you want me to GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment