Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My sweet Doodle turned 4!

My sweet and spirited Doodledunk is four.  She turned four yesterday and we celebrated over the weekend with my parents that came into town.  We also celebrated at her school yesterday with blueberry muffins we made the night before.  We luckily were able to piggyback on the Easter party they had a school and didn't need to go overboard.  My husband made a good call too.  We had bought $70+ dollars worth of trinkets, etc to go in homemade goody bags for her (31!!!) classmates but then rethought that decision that it just wasn't necessary and we're going to return the items.  I've never understood why other children get gifts on other kids' birthdays.  

We had been working Doodle up for her birthday for a few weeks now.  We would ask her over and over what she wanted for her birthday and she replied, Speed toys (Lightning McQueen, Cars toys), Dora and Boots, light-up shoes, a pink cake, pink icing and a four candle.  Oh, and an American flag (???).  

It was also our 6th anniversary this weekend so my parents came into town to watch the kids while hubby and I went out.  They got to enjoy the festivities for Doodle's birthday. My mom made a pink cake, pink icing and we had a "four candle". 

 

 
The only thing she didn't get was the American flag.  We're working on that...She also got the cutest phone.  It's a real phone, just a mini version and we hooked it up in the office. It's her grandparent hotline and she loves it.


A coworker let us have her bunk beds and an unused mattress for FREE!  (Thank you GC!)  We took her to Kohl's to pick out a new bedding set and she just thought she was hot stuff.  We ended up going with this set.  She was thrilled to have a big bed with big pillows and a big comforter.


After celebrating at school yesterday, hubby and I left the kids there to run home and do a few things that we usually do during the evenings.  I kind of felt guilty leaving them, but we knew we'd be tired after the evening's activities so I'm so thankful we decided to do that.  After 45 minutes at home, we turned around and picked them up, drove to Monkey Jungle and met my two friends from high school that are here visiting.  It had been since 2001 since I've seen them.  It was so great.  I just wanted to hug them and never let go.  They brought two of their three children and the kids had a blast playing around the place.



We left around 8pm (our kids' usual bedtime) and it was meltdown city.  As we were leaving, the employee gave Doodle a lollipop and we told her she could have it tomorrow.  She promptly took off the wrapper and licked it and daddy threw it away (for not obeying).  The entire way home she cried.  She informed us she wanted to be SIX, skip FIVE and be a grown up so she could drive.  Lil' Brother cried most of the way (he was overtired) and Bug fell asleep.  The only thing we could do was laugh.  Sometimes that's all you can do!

I think she had a fantastic birthday although I think the only thing she remembers is that daddy threw away her lollipop.  *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment